Winter's Last Laugh

It seems that the mid-Atlantic can't catch a break.  Some up and down temperatures this week allowed for a little outside running, finally. It was still cold on some of the runs with temps hovering just below 40.  But this weekend came with downpour rains that turned to surprise snow on Sunday for much of the area.   I am hoping that this week the weather begins the turn around.  The worst part is the middle ground when it isn't cold enough to snow significantly for skiing but it isn't warm enough to run/bike comfortably.   I managed to get through all but one workout but did have to cut the bike short on the trainer.  I am still not comfortable enough on the trainer to go over 40 miles.

This week also sprung a few surprise work trips on me for the near future.  I suddenly have to manage a week-long trip to Madison, WI, a three day trip to St. Petersburg, FL and then a return to Madison for two more days in May.   I do like my work and would normally welcome travel, but this has me a bit nervous.  I'm not sure of the training situation for the area and it will be pretty difficult to keep up with the heavy volumes while traveling.  I know I can run in St. Pete and have done it before.  The large question will be Wisconsin (to which I have never been).   It will be a chore to arrange the training but I will manage somehow.  

Good news this week.  I am proud to say that I have been accepted as part of the Rudy Project team and will carry them as a sponsor for the next few years.  It is my first sponsorship of any sort and I am excited to try some of the new products.  I will say that the new Wing helmets are very beautiful indeed.  More to come on this as I go through the season.   

In the meantime....visit http://www.e-rudy.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gear Review: Orbea Ordu

Book Review: 80/20 Running

Gear Review: Campagnolo Bullet 80